Call us on
Our aim is to operate and maintain our fleet in an environmentally responsible manner and to minimise our consumption of fuel, water, energy and materials. We recycle rainwater to wash our vehicles. We operate efficient route planning to avoid traffic congestion where possible and efficient and professional load planning to utilise back loading where compatible with our customers’ requirements.
G E Smith Limited are committed to environmental improvement and sustainability in the operation of our business and run a fuel efficient, modern, well maintained fleet of vehicles and recycle materials where possible.
We all have a responsibility for the care and protection of the environment we all live in and we as a company try to be responsible in the way in which we do business.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice.
- Aim to reduce wastage and increase recycling of materials
- To dispose of any waste materials in a responsible manner
- To Protect the environment by preventing and minimising our contribution to pollution of land, air and water.
- To consider environmental factors when purchasing goods and services for our business
- To consider environmental factors in the day to day operation of our business.
- Provide training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy and within an environmentally aware culture.
- To keep up to date with new Environmental issues.
- Monitor and continuously improve our environmental performance.
We are members of the Road Haulage Association, who assist us in keeping up date with emerging Environmental issues.
Our Transport Management Team and vehicle tracking system ensure our Transport & Distribution business operates efficiently, thereby reducing our environmental impact.